Monday, June 10, 2013

And the Tony goes to.....

Last night the Tony Awards were presented in NYC. I sat glued to my television for almost four hours. I have been blessed to see a lot of theatre this year. I knew the shows, the songs, the performances.

I saw "Matilda" in London. I wept. I laughed. I gasped at the stunts. Here's why it gets me...."just because life's not fair it doesn't mean you have to grin and bear it, if you always take it on the chin and bare it, nothing will change. Nobody else is gonna turn it right for me, nobody but ME is gonna change my story." See that is a month of Al-Anon meetings in one song.  Just read it again & let it seep into your being.

I saw "Kinky Boots" with the Fab Four no-longer runners running group. This is basically a story of forgiveness and reconciliation. It's the coming to face that sometimes we think others need forgiving but really, we are the. Ones who need forgiving.

I love the theatrical arts. I played show tunes for my babies at two. They all sing beautifully. I don't. They get acting. I like to think I do. Many times people say I'm a great stage mom. I don't like that. I can't live through my girls on stage because those aren't my gifts. But do I show up? Do I cheer loudly? Oh you bet. I love they sing a line from a show to answer any question or finish a thought.

I want to live in NYC for a season. It's hard because I have this core belief that once you have kids your choices and dreams are limited to their precious lives.  O e of my BFF's said I had the best of both worlds- here and NYC. She is right. I wouldn't take anything for this community that has shaped our family but man, these vagabond blues....,

So I sing a little louder today. I smile at someone not like me at all and speak. How could you not love the Tony's????? Don't we all just kinda shine????

No comments:

Post a Comment