Saturday, February 23, 2013

Barely breathing

It took me months to come up and inhale. When you have the same BFF from twelve to present, her mother changes your life. Ellie died. It looks innocent in black and white but in color, it rocked my world. Ellie made my childhood big,bold, colorful, happy. I hope I see her fingerprints on my parenting. I know now of countless sacrifices Ellie made for us. No death has ever hurt more. None. Nada.

Big girls in NYC and London. It's quieter. No one holds my hand in yoga. No one goes to movies on a whim. But little girls shine a little brighter. That helps.

Acquired six more college girls this year. Gave into pressure to lead a core group of college girls at UTC.  BEST. BLESSING. EVER.  I learn something every week. My heart is full.

It's Oscar time. Seriously my fav time of year. I think I need an intervention. I bought nail polish, a trench, and long leather gloves because some of my favorite actors or their characters wore them.

Breathe in....breathe out

No comments:

Post a Comment