Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer lovin'

Big girl is home. She was home for three days and then off to beach with a campus ministry. Bless her heart, she no longer has a room here so her stuff is all spread out but it is interesting how quickly our family re-settles into a family of six again.

Started couponing to save for my car later this summer. It feels like a game & I am not quite a starter yet. Never bought a car by myself. My daddy bought me one as a senior in college & then John Stroud & I bought a couple. Big girl step for me.

As summer rolls in, people are in less clothes. I am thankful I have been binge and purge free for 22 years but some old tapes never die. I am a broad shouldered, thick chested woman. I will never be a lithe yoga looking girl. Most days I am thankful of what my body is capable of doing, other days I want skinnier arms, a collarbone & flat stomach. I want my girls to never,ever be trapped by any eating disorder & embrace their beautiful, healthy bodies. I think comparison is my big enemy. It takes my mind all kinds of places it does not need to go. Discontentment jumps on board quickly after I let comparisons in.....

John Stroud speaks at fifth grade graduation this week. The man is an incredible public speaker. He is a nervous wreck. He has practiced until I want to scream. He knows he will cry when baby girl introduces him. He will. She read her introduction to me. He is in trouble....

No comments:

Post a Comment