Thursday, September 15, 2011

I like being a student AND teacher....

You would think I would know that by now...I loooooove teaching yoga (BIG love to my BCBS students) and loooove practicing yoga. But today was one of those rare perfect days.

My friend Kristy is a superhero. Big girl #1 wrote a paper in middle school on a person she admires & she chose Kristy. Kristy has a daughter with special needs & she parents Emma, Carter & Gordy with such grace, dignity & strength it is simply breathtaking. Her fiftieth birthday party was one of the BEST nights ever- all of us close to her got to toast the amazing woman she is. She hates attention so it was a rare, beautiful night.

Kristy is so smart. She educates me constantly in history & geography. She pushes me to read books I would never pick up. Yet she never,ever makes me feel stupid. Instead she makes me feel brilliant.

Kristy applauds my knowledge of a good eyeliner, movie or quick read book. She seeks my advice. Today I got to give her a tour of Target & school her in the Missoni phenomena. She took total delight in my "vast knowledge". I adore her.

Big girl #1 called to thank me for encouraging her to take her "second choice" soroity. She has found sisters who applaud her, who ask her to sing solos, ask her to speak & cheer her on at every turn. My heart is smiling.

Yes, teacher & student are great roles....I am truly blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment