Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Raw pain & cheerleaders

Lately I have seen several people in pain...real pain...raw pain....pain you cannot fix or smile and act as if everything is "fine" or "good". The complete codependent in me screams, "LET ME FIX IT OR AT LEAST HELP!!!". I can't. I know that. I think my loved friends know it. But somehow they trust me enough to sit the muck with them. That is holy, sacred ground. I will never take that lightly. Even if all I can do is utter how sorry I am, I am still honored to be there.

Big girl number two had a wreck two weeks ago. Car is totaled. Not her fault. But it could have ended so differently. Undid me two days AFTER the wreck. So thankful. The what if is always so scary....puts so much in perspective.

I cheered in junior & high school. Cheering taught me so much. Cheering really gets a bad rap. I love cheerleaders. Sweet Beth does that for me. Today I was exhausted. She cheered. She applauded. She encouraged me. She's not here but manages to do it over the phone. We need cheerleaders. Be one. Find one. Train one.

No comments:

Post a Comment