Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Learning from my girls on this side of the world.......

So jet lag kicked my butt from one day into the other. Nine full days of walking hell. I thought I was reasonably in shape and could recover quickly.....HA!

Big girl #3 recovered in one day....oh the sweetness of youth. This girl has taught me that being incredibly gifted with babies is a truly marvelous gift. To see your child's passion in action is humbling. She is also such a tender hearted cheerleader. I see her love on those younger girls and my heart smiles.

Big girl #2 has recently shown me that others' disappointments can be more painful than your own. I saw her more upset for friends than herself. I saw her take a higher road than I could in disappointment. Her big sis told me her sister takes care of so many people all day. She is a more mature winner & loser than I could ever hope to be.

Big girl #1 called to check on me after her sis had a bad day. She gets me & the dynamics in our home. She described me & her sister so expertly she could have been my therapist.

I never saw this stage of parenting coming. It does not get easier but sometimes there is a parting in the clouds....

Annabeth was here last night. There is something so completely soothing to having the same best friends for 35 years. We watch scary movies & she watches & tells me when I can look. She makes me laugh at the same thing every single time. She cheers for me & lets me be me. John Stroud was so glad she was here cause he left the reasoning & cheering up to her....and she is very gifted at that. I am blessed beyond measure....

No comments:

Post a Comment