Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Home, this is my home?

So it was four days in NYC. Four days sounded so long yet when so quickly. It is interesting to do NYC with 16-18 year olds that do not belong to you. What about the times they don't fall in love with the MoMA like you? What about the times when you realize a young man named Matthew and a young girl named Abby become two of your heroes? It is different...
I love NYC. It is my second city for so many reasons. I fell in love again with the East Village & meatpacking industry. There is a tiny Christian Louboutin boutique with no prices on the shoes that are works of art. Elizabeth took me to Pastis for brunch & it is all you see in celebrity rags. Seeing Wicked with Meghan & Beth is powerful. Everyone should seriously see Wicked. Seeing Billy Elliott with MC is all it should be.
Coming home to the superhero John Stroud & Stroud girls is always so sweet. Still leaving NYC is leaving a part of me. The smells, the food, the people, the art, the subway, the energy, the lights....it whispers to me all the way down south.
On the home front, I have seen all performances & movies except 127 hours (just couldn't go there). I am puling for Colin Firth, The King's Speech, Melissa Leo, Christian Bale. I really thought it was a good year for movies. My loves: The King's Speech, The Fighter, True Grit, Despicable Me.
Product love tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. I ♥ MLP. :) Congrats! You did it! Your very first blog posting!

    Can't wait to hear about products. Keep 'em coming...

    ReplyDelete