Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Night & spring makeup!!!

I love Oscar night. My mom used to pop popcorn & let me stay up until I fell asleep on the sofa....so I am gonna guess I have not missed an Oscar night since 1971. Each year I cram as many movies in as possible so I can see all nominated movies & performances. (Thanks Beth,MC,John, and Catherine cause I usually end up going all alone!)

I have not been this excited in a long time. Why you ask? I thought between The Fighter, The King's Speech & True Grit there were movies that told stories & had a value based message. Of course there were the usual how-far-can-we-push-the-envelope-over-the-edge-movies. (In my humble opinion, The Black Swan, Blue Valentine on some level & The Kids are Alright on some level). I have seen The King's Speech twice & insist you see it. For older kids, I say take them. There is language, but appropriate to story & such a beautiful story of loyalty. Really, see all those films.

I love Colin Firth. Cannot stand Christian Bale as a human but he so deserved that win. And loved his speech. I did not want Natalie Portman to win. I feel she lost weight, got naked and bam, got an Oscar. If you are gonna give it to the naked (or nekked if you are from lower Alabama), give it to Michelle Williams who acted her,well you get the picture,off. Melissa Leo so deserved her win.

I am re-watching to fairly judge Anne Hathaway/James Franco. Loved opening but thought jokes dragged.

Now onto the important stuff....fashion & hair & makeup. At first, I did not love Cate Blanchett's dress but LOVED her hair and makeup. On second viewing, I fell in love with it. The color, the cut, the sleeves.....mmmmmmmmmmm. Loved Gyneth's dress but do not love skinny stick straight hair. Thought Reese hit it out of the park. Loved the soft eyes,cat eyes & soft or nude lips. Spring makeup is so pretty this year. If in Chattavegas, come see me at Cosmetic Market.


Finally, looooooved Tom Hopper's acceptance speech. Here is to movie mommies everywhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment