Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oscars and angst

This is usually one of my favorite weekends of the year. I spend two months cramming in as many movies as I can. I try to see every nominated movie & performance. I was especially excited this year because I feel like The King's Speech & The Fighter have so much of value to say. I love movies & Broadway so Oscar & Tony nights are big to me. I realize I am making a choice to let something eat my lunch. Yes, that is good Al-Anon speak. One of my girls has been mistreated & I feel a little unsettled. I am so thankful again that I am married to John Stroud & can let him handle things because I am a volcano. So I am gonna listen to some music, get in the tub & get Red Carpet Ready. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Monday I will have full Oscar recap & next week Sally & I are going to tell the one-of-the-many-reasons-John-Stroud-is-our-hero-stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment