Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Book clubs & wilsons

So last night was book club. We toasted our third anniversary and glanced in amazement the 36 books we have read. It is the most diverse, fun, smart, funny group of women that I have the honor to call my friends. One member shared it was her first foray into socializing after a divorce & how therapeutic it had been. One member mentioned it was the most accepting group she had ever known because everyone speaks their mind without fear of reproach.

Elizabeth the urban hipster extraordinaire has shared this amazing blog: myjourneytoperfectionlol.blogspot.com. The blog from yesterday was on "Wilsons" in our lives based on Wilson the volleyball in "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks. I,too, am so thankful for my "Wisons". Today as I write I sit waiting on Nancy the protector. Thankful I know she always has my back. Thankful she speaks truth. Thankful that she is often quite & measures her words. I pray often for my girls' friend choices.....may they have "Wilsons"....

Life really is better in community....with "Wilsons" especially...

No comments:

Post a Comment