Sunday, April 3, 2011

'byes, babies & bike rides

This weekend John Stroud & I will fly to chicago to say good bye to a dear friend, Helen Palmer. When John was at Northwestern in graduate school, he hated his dorm. He checked the bulletin boards and found a room in Helen's home. Helen and her son Mark quickly became John's Chicago family. Helen was one of his heroes almost instantly & Mark his fast "buddy". Helen chose to raise three amazing kids after a husband left...Mark with developmental issues. She could have been a victim...she was instead our hero. She loved John well...but she lived all people well. She taught me to make chicken marabella..it is still my go-to company dish. You felt warm & almost glow-y with Helen. In our wedding pictures, she is the biggest smiler & thrower of rose petals. We will miss her so...

Held babies for two hours today. Pure therapy. Miss Doris who potty trained my girls commented how fast they are gone. They are. A blink. A glance. A wish. A prayer. One baby, the amazing Hank, was soothed by rounds of Jesus Loves Me and the Auburn fight song. He slept in my arms. Truly better than Xanax. MC's baby comes August....babies....

Bye to big girl today. See her at Easter but still hard to release. Spain is happening & I am sorta crumbling....sorta.

First big girl hour long bike rIde around mountain with John & neighbor Zach. Think it was John's idea so I would not yell or swear. I did love it. I could see it being addictive. Ok, he was right....

No comments:

Post a Comment