Monday, July 11, 2011

Red lipstick girl....NOT

Last Saturday as I was in one of my happy places (aka Cosmetic Market) I decided I realllllllly wanted to be a red lipstick girl. Little girls & big girl number two & I were watching So You Think You Can Dance. One of our favs who is blonde just like moi had bright red lips. We all ooohed & ahhhed. So I set Carmen makeup artist extrodionaire to finding said red lipstick. Every single tube was tried. Alas, I look like a stranger or a little girl with her mom's lipstick. I am not a red lipstick girl.
This was a big aha moment. That is my problem. I wanna be red lipstick girl or girl who fill in the blank with any numerous things I come up with!
Sunday I heard this from The Message: Steep your life in God-reality,God-initiative, God-provisions. DON'T WORRY ABOUT MISSING OUT. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.
So I won't wear red lipstick. Sweet Beth is still moving. Friends still have children in hospitals but maybe I need to steep my life somewhere else....while rocking this coral lipstick.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wear coral OR red! You are beautiful just the way you are; so steep yourself in coral—you wear it well!! ( ;-()

    ReplyDelete