Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How ImportantbIs It?

As I have said before I love Tuesdays because it is al-anon day. I really think the world would be so much better if we all went to al-anon. Yesterday was my turn to lead and I chose to focus on a slogan "How Important Is It?".

Some highlights: If an issue isn't going to be important in 30 days, then it is probably not worth my trouble now. Also, How easily do I give my serenity away? And finally, Why do I so easily allow my feelings to get hurt? "It occurs to me that my extreme sensitivity is a form of self-conceit. I think I am the focus of everyone's actions. Am I so important that everything that goes on around me must have something to with me?" WHOA!

This morning I am sitting with a dear friend as her husband has prostate cancer surgery. How important is it? The little hurt from a friend, the number on the BPF (don't even ask) that won't move, the mess in my kitchen versus cancer surgery.....how Important is it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment