Sunday, March 27, 2011

fav $14 nail polish, fav urban hipster, and cancer sucks

I swore I would never pay $14 for a nail polish but my fellow cosmetic addict Victoria told me I had to try this butter nail polish from London. Truly Victoria is an equal when it comes to cosmetic addiction...we need a support group..."Hi I am Merrile and I am a cosmetic whore." I did splurge and bought this amazing coral (biggest color for spring 2011) called Jaffa. It is the perfect shade and I sweat it lasts a week (even in NYC!) without chipping. Chattanoogans you can grab it at the Cosmetic Market. LOOOOOOOOOVE.

While in NYC, we were blessed to spend several hours with my fav urban hipster Elizabeth. I really feel like she is my younger, cooler, hipper sister since her real mom is my adopted mom Tucker. Elizabeth has this way of making you feel loved, special, smart, and cool. She is the person big girls 1 and 2 say they want to look like when they grow up. For all of you wondering if this hurts my feelings, hell to the no, I wanna look like her!!! She just wraps you in the warmth of her stories, her laughter and her love and you feel like you have taken a deep breath in yoga. She would be near Sal if she went to NYU and that makes me relax a little. LOOOOOOOOOOVE.

When I was growing up I spent a minimum of 3 nights a month at my bff Annabeth's house. Her mom Ellie was the bomb as was her daddy Larry. It was my happy place. Tacos, fried corn, and homemade chocolate chip cookies (no butter-add crisco). Ellie was almost at her five year mark for lung cancer. She had surgery Friday, ironically by my dadddy's surgeon. It is cancer but they think they got it all. Ellie made my childhood happy. I want to know this is over for her. I NEED her to be well. My daddy died on 10/11/11. I have attended three funerals since. Ellie is nowhere near death but I want her well...Annabeth needs her well. She is just this amazing light in my life and has been shining in my life for 34 years. LOOOOOOOVE her.

It is always funny to me when you say "never". Never would buy that nail polish. Never would have anything in common with that person (smarty pants Annabeth). Never would see cancer in my life. Never is a funny thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment