Monday, March 14, 2011

Style & growing old

Thie weekend was busy. Middle girl at 13 made cheer....yeah Tay! Went to help Annabeth as she recovers from rotator cuff surgery. On Friday it was my job to remove dressing & clean area. She was oh so cavalier and suggested she just stand by sofa & I just rip it off. Me, the more experienced post-op girl suggested sitting. Soon she saw why...she got faint. Revealing new wounds takes you down & fast. I snickered slightly inwardly at my vast knowledge. I also snickered at this glimpse of us to come in our golden years caring for each other. My heart smiled. We have done this for 34 years & will continue for many more...

Worked at the crack I mean Cosmetic Market. Eight and a half hours on my feet but the joy of seeing how the simple act of makeup transforms...lifts...lightens....a small but powerful thing.


Amazing Kim came and further shopped & organized my closet. She made me see things in such a way I may not have to buy clothes for a year! She has this gift for reading a person & their personality & styling their clothes to match that. Really inspiring....

Funny how old friends and new style really are warm & fuzzy...

No comments:

Post a Comment