Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wax museums, Spain & NYC

Today was the Wax Museum at my fifth graders school. It is the sweetest, cutest thing. The kids read a biography & do a poster presentation, dress as the person & memorize a one minute speech to recite when a person pushes the button and brings them "to life". As I walked in there were signs saying "Welcome to the 22nd Annual Wax Museum". My three older girls have all done this. As I walked into the gym, I started to cry. We leave the elementary school this year. I love this elementary school. No more babies.

My biggest girl was excepted into a program in Spain this summer. Always said I would encourage travel & study abroad. It was great in theory...sucks in reality. Number two daughter is seriously looking at schools in NYC. Great in theory...sucks in reality. I am thankful for Max, Mac & Carter.....my adopted "babies".....really thankful MC is pregnant so I can have another baby.

I love my Tucker. She is my adopted "mom". I truly love her like she is my real mom. She tried so kindly and sweetly to tell me to enjoy "the babies". I had four in seven years. I was surviving. I did not take it all in & enjoy. I said ugly things to Tucker in my head.

Hear me now....survival & diapers last a moment...now they are applying for passports & schools far away & going to middle school. A moment...a blink of an eye...a blur...a breath. Get help if you have to....anyone can fold laundry....no one can drink in every moment of a baby. One moment I can fix everything with a bandaid & a kiss. All of the sudden the problems are big & real life. I miss diapers & bandages somedays.....drink it in friends....

1 comment:

  1. Merrile, what wonderful advice. Mine are 32 and 24. I must say, I mourn their childhoods. I do see the opportunity of the "things I cannot fix" to bring me and them closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete